AlbertsonsDining Out

Rite Aid Walmart

go here for HOT IP coupon links

CLICK LINKS ABOVE if you like! OR browse all posts listed on our sidebar-->

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

*Albertsons now accepts all coupons to use with their Doubler coupons.

*Walmart will be accepting all competitor coupons starting June 1, 2010

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Used up some of my Ragu Stash

(45 minutes)

One of my family's favorite meals is Homemade Chicken a la Cacciatore.

Usually, I make it with homemade sauce, using tomato sauce and spices.

Well, as I was preparing the chicken and I went into the pantry to get the tomato sauce, I realized, hey, another great use for all this Ragu!

So, instead of "homemade", after I browned 1 package of chicken thighs I got on a great sale, I poured in 1 and 1/2 bottles of Ragu Traditional spaghetti sauce. I added just a touch more rosemary and oregano.

I also added about a cup of water for consistency, then sliced a whole yellow onion and two green bell peppers onto the top.

I simmered it over the stove for 45 minutes with the lid over the Large saucepan.
I emphasize Large, as this had 8 chicken thighs in it. Of course you could use half the amount of chicken and use just one bottle of sauce.

As it simmered, I cooked up 3 cups of rice and 9 cups water. Or just cook up one or two cups if you are using less chicken.

YUM, it was just as good as usual and I found another great use for the Ragu!

No comments:

Post a Comment